International Institute of Information Technology
Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500 032
Phone : +91-40-6653 1000
Fax : +91-40-6653 1413
Reaching IIIT from Airport
Note: These information are best to our knowledge, we are not liable for any accuracy/guarrentee for the same.
- TSRTC Pushpak AIRPORT LINER : TSRTC introduced A/C Electric buses under FAME scheme at Hyderabad. These Electrical Buses are being operated to Airport along with Volvo buses from various parts of Hyderabad. Fare will be around Rs. 212 from Airport to Gachibowli Outer ring road, you can take a cab or shared auto to reach IIIT from ORR. A list of timing on TSRTC is here for the same.
- Cabs: There are prepaid TAXI services from the airport including one run by the Hyderabad Traffic Police. The fare to Gachibowli is about Rs. 500-600. Reserve *before* you leave the arrival lounge.
- Metered Taxi Services: Typically they charge @ Rs.15/- per kilometer with a min. of Rs.60/4kms.
- Other than these you can also avail Ola, Uber their fare ranges from Rs. 500 to 800 depending on time of day and demand.
- Some more taxi services information is given below
Dott Cabs: +91-40-2424 2424
Easy Cabs: +91-40-4343 4343
Cell Cabs: +91-40-2324 2526
Meru : +91-40-4422 4422.
- Reaching IIIT from the Railway Station:
- Reaching Hyderabad by a train and getting down at the Hyderabad (Nampally) station would be the easiest way to reach us. The institute is 16km from Nampally railway station. From the railway station one can take an auto or APSRTC bus (Nos: 216 & 217) to reach IIIT-H. The auto would cost around Rs.120/- and bus fare would be around Rs.12/-.
- If one is coming from Secunderabad station which is around 23km from IIIT-H,the auto fare would be roughly around Rs.150. One can take an APSRTC bus to Mehdipatnam (Nos:5 & 49M), and another bus from Mehdipatnam to IIIT-H (Nos:216, 217).
- Some trains, especially those coming from Bombay, stop at Begumpet Railway Station which is about 16km from IIIT-H. If you plan to come by bus, take bus No.49M from there to reach Mehdipatnam and then another bus (Nos: 216 & 217) to reach IIIT-H. An auto from Begumpet Rly Stn to IIIT-H direct might cost your around Rs.100/- (approx.)
- Some trains from Mumbai also stop at Lingampalli, which is just 7 kms from IIIT-H. Autorickshaws and shared mini-taxis (tempos) are available.
- Local Travel
- Car Rental Services:
Typically, you can rent a car for 4hrs/40KMs (Rs.400/- or 8hrs (Rs.600/-) with additional charges for extra house and distances.
- Metered Taxi Services:
Typically they charge @ Rs.15/- per kilometer with a min. of Rs.60/4kms. Dott Cabs: +91-40-2424 2424 Easy Cabs: +91-40-4343 4343 Cell Cabs: +91-40-2324 2526 Meru : +91-40-4422 4422.
- Metered Autos:
3 wheelers or .Autos. are fairly popular in Hyderabad. Slightly larger shared-ride 7-seaters will charge by distances, usually Rs.3/- per km. They travel on fixed routes. The smaller 3-seaters are metered and charge Rs.8/- per km (min. Rs.10/-).