NEW !!! For Final Report of the winter school, Click HERE
About the school
A Winter School on Natural Language Processing, collocated with IJCNLP-2008, will be held in Hyderabad from 24 December 2007 to 7 January 2008 (2 weeks). Internationally known researchers in the areas of NLP and AI will give lectures in this school. However, the major highlight of this winter school is that it will be project oriented. The participants can choose one of the projects from the list of projects that we suggest, and they will be guided during the course of the winter school to come up with substantial work. A special workshop will be organized on the last day (7 January 2008), where the participants get to present/demo the work done during the winter school to an international audience.
This winter school will be helpful for students and young faculty who
- Are familiar with Natural Language Processing (NLP) and would like to explore further topics in the area.
- Are interested in working on NLP in the Indian Scenario.
- Work on advanced projects in NLP which they can continue even after the winter school.
How to Apply ? Fill and e-mail the form located HERE to nlpschool08 AT iiit DOT ac DOT in.
Fees and Financial Support
- There is no tuition fee for participants from academic institutions, they only have to pay for travel and stay. Financial support is available to selected participants for travel and stay.
- Tuition for participants from industry is Rs 10,000/-
| Last Date for Applying || ||: 1 November, 2007 |
| Notification to Selected Applicants|| ||: 10 November, 2007 |
| Start Date of Winter School || ||: 24 December, 2007 |
| End Date of the Winter School|| ||: 7 January, 2008 |
| Special Workshop Day|| ||: 7 January, 2008 |